Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America– Since 1992 CADCA has been training local grassroots groups, known as community anti-drug coalitions, in effective community problem-solving strategies, teaching them how to assess their local substance abuse-related problems and develop a comprehensive plan to address them.
Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency (SAPTA)-The Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency services are provided by various contracted providers throughout Nevada. These activities are largely funded by the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SAPTBG), along with matching State General Funds.
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention -Information regarding current Legislation, trainings and programs aimed to discipline, ecourage and engage youth within the Juvenile Justice System to create viable assets to our society.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – SAMHSA was established in 1992 and directed by Congress to target effectively substance abuse and mental health services to the people most in need and to translate research in these areas more effectively and more rapidly into the general health care system. Over the years SAMHSA has demonstrated that – prevention works, treatment is effective, and people recover from mental and substance use disorders.
Americorps Nevada– year AmeriCorps will provide more than 540 individuals the opportunity to provide intensive, results-driven service to meet education, environmental, health, economic and other pressing needs in communities across Nevada
US Department of Education– Provides information regarding our education system, programs in place and current legislation and policies.
Get Smart About Drugs A DEA resource for parents, educators and caregivers. This website is a fantastic resource for parents and teens as it has an area to search and learn about any drug out there. It also incorporates a trending topics section right on the main homepage for quick and easy access to to information about some of the most popular drugs on the streets.The Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT) was created to provide crisis intervention and support to Nevada families dealing with a behavioral or mental health crisis. For so long, families have had no choice but to go to the emergency room due to lack of resources or knowledge of available resources.MCRT is here to help. We’re mobile so we come to you. We also provide help over the phone.
Helpful Resources for Parents and Teens:
Check out these websites for great information and Tips on How to talk to your kids!
- Teen Marijuana Use and Abuse (PDF)
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse -The Science of Drug Abuse and Addiction
- The National Institute of Drug Abuse For TEENS!
- Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to know!
- Communicating the Risks of Marijuana
- Addictive Behaviors
- Drug Guide for Parents: Learn the Facts to Keep Your Teen Safe
- The Basics: Talking to Your Kids About Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drugs
- A 10-Step Guide for Parents: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Preparing Your Children for a Healthy, Drug-Free Future (PDF)
- A Parent’s Guide to Addiction Prevention: Growing Up Drug-Free
- Start Talking! You Have a Voice in Drug Prevention
- How to Teach Your Child About Drugs
- How to Raise a Drug-Free Child
- Power Over Addiction (PDF)
Drug and Alcohol Assistance Sights
- Recognizing an Addiction Problem
- Signs of Addiction and Drug Use
- Helping an Adult Family Member or Friend with a Drug or Alcohol Problem
- What to Do If Your Adult Friend or Loved One Has a Problem with Drugs
- Genetics & Alcoholism: Alcohol Abuse in the Family
- Addictive Personality: How I Made it My Healthiest Trait
- Relaxation Techniques for Stress Relief
- The Guide to Keeping Your Home Through Debilitating Disease
new MEDICAID APPLICATION