The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following criteria:
- Strong work ethics and self-motivated
- Work well with youth of all age groups
- Culturally competent
- Able to communicate well and build rapport with other community members
- Out-going personality
- Positive role model for others
- Flexible work schedule, schedule may vary weekly, depending on classroom schedules, community events, program needs and trainings.
- Have attended or able to attend the following trainings:
- CIT; ASIST, or similar; Youth Mental Health First Aid, or Mental Health First Aid
- Community Health Worker training for certification may be required with this position
Resource Liaison (RL) Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide group and/or individual education, teach evidence based substance abuse prevention and mindfulness practice to youth in school classrooms, and other youth community organizations, and present prevention and health and wellness education to community members, collect data, perform and report community assessments, perform outreach, and other duties assigned by the Project Coordinator, Deputy Director and/or Director. RLs are responsible for documenting their work and protecting confidentiality. RLs are mandated reporters.
This position requires several forms of training, and candidates must be able to attend potential weekend trainings, with potential travel.
Churchill Community Coalition is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, is a drug-free, marijuana, alcohol & tobacco free workplace. Applicant must pass a background check and pass a drug test.
If offered employment you must: 1) provide evidence of clean driving record and, 2) submit to and pass fingerprinting and background check. If any check opens an area of concern or if the applicant is found to have lied on the application or interview process the employer has the right to retract an offer of employment.
This position is grant funded and therefore hours and security are based on funding availability